Steps to Submitting a Complete Application
- Review ALL Resident Selection Criteria to ensure you will meet qualifications
- Complete the Online Application
- Pay Application Fee online (using debit or credit card)
- Keep your lines open, an Agent will be in contact with you regarding your application.
The Application & Fees
A. All applications must be completed electronically online. You can complete an application HERE. Upon submission of your application, you should immediately email a copy of your ID & your income verification documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. A non-refundable application fee of $49 must be paid by each Applicant before an application will be processed. Payment must be made online with a credit or debit card at the time of online application submission.
A. An application must be completed for each adult occupant 18 years of age or older. All applications must be submitted by the applicant named in the application, with no exceptions. Evidence that an application was submitted by any persons other than the named applicant or containing false information will result in an automatic denial.
A. In most cases, your application will be processed within 48 business hours. Incomplete applications will not be processed. A submitted application without payment of the application fee constitutes an incomplete application. If there is more than one adult per household, the application will not be processed until all applicants have completed an application and submitted the application fee payment.
A. A full application will require each applicant to provide a valid government-issued ID with a clear photo of the applicant, income verification documents and an executed employer verification document as well as an executed resident verification document.
A. Once processed, all applicants will receive an email and a text message to notify you whether the application has been conditionally approved or denied. If conditionally approved, you will receive instructions detailing your next steps. If your application is denied, you will receive an Adverse Action letter mailed to the address listed as your current residence providing you with additional information as to why your application was denied as well as the contact information for the sources used to gather the information should you wish to dispute our findings.
A. No, only one application is required regardless of the number of properties you are interested in. Submitting more than one application may delay the processing.
Resident Selection Criteria
Approval is based on several factors applicants must meet or exceed ALL minimum requirements in order to qualify for Tenancy. Failure to meet all verification standards will result in a denial of the application. Until all application requirements are met & a Holding Deposit is received all properties shall remain available.
- Applicants must have a verifiable combined gross income of at least 3 (three) times the monthly rental rate
- All applicants must complete an Employment Verification form. The form must be completed and returned by the applicant's HR Department, Supervisor or Superior
Income Verification Types
- W2 Employees:
- All W2 employees must provide the last 2 (two) consecutive full months’ worth of paycheck stubs
- All income must be receivable in Indiana – no Out of State income will be considered
- Self-employed applicants must provide 2 (two) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms
- Must provide the last 12 (twelve) full months of personal bank statements
- Fixed Income
- Applicants on a fixed income or utilizing other income sources to include disability, child support, social security, retirement, investment income, etc., must provide verifiable 3rd party documentation of payments on corporate letterhead and the payments must be guaranteed for lease duration to be considered as verifiable income
Q: How do I provide my Employment Verification form?
A: After an application passes all credit reporting requirements, criminal background checks & identification verifications, the Employment Verification form will be made available for electronic signature in the application portal.
Q: How can I provide my proof of income if I was transferred for my employment or I am starting a new job?
A: Whether you are moving as a result of an employment transfer or you've recently been hired by a new employer, you will be required to provide an official document on your employer's letterhead verifying your income, effective start date & position. In the case that you are starting a new job with a new employer, the employment verification letter must state that you have passed all requirements and have signed an employment contract. Your official start date must begin prior to your lease start date.
A returned Credit Report must reflect the following to qualify:
- No more than $2500 in outstanding debt (debt that is 90+ days past due)
- No unpaid utility accounts
- No outstanding Landlord debts or collections
- No unpaid or outstanding Payday loan advancements or other similar payment advance institutions
- All Bankruptcies must be discharged
Q: How do you determine the credit score that will be used for the application if there is more than one person applying for a home?
A: If there is more than one applicant who will live in the property, the average credit score of all co-applicants is used.
Q: What credit reporting agency is used to determine my credit score?
A: The credit agency used in determining the credit score used for the application is Trans Union. We do not take the score from “Credit Karma”, “MyFico” or other similar sites into consideration.
An application containing any of the following will result in denial:
- Active or unresolved criminal cases
- Violent criminal convictions
- Convictions in which a firearm or weapon was used within the last 7 years
- Convictions involving drug manufacturing or distribution within the last 7 years
- Convictions involving destruction of property (i.e. Arson) within the last 7 years
- Felony convictions within the last 7 years
- Registered Sex Offender
- Convictions involving Forgery, Money, or Check related offenses within the last 7 years
Q: Do you include convictions or criminal offenses from other states?
A: Yes. Despite where the offense occurred all criminal records are taken into consideration.
Q: If I was arrested but not convicted of a crime will my application be denied?
A: No, an arrest is not the same as a conviction. In the case you were arrested but not convicted of the crime, the arrest alone will not result in a denied application.
All applicants are required to provide proof of identity with their application by submitting a valid government-issued ID with a clear photo of the applicant.
Identity is verified by:
- Confirming that the name and all know aliases on the submitted ID matches the application
- Verifying all known addresses
- Verifying that the Social Security number matches the name of the applicant
- Verifying that the Date Of Birth (DOB) on the application matches
- Verifying that the phone number provided matches the application
Q: Can I provide a Student ID, Medical Card or similar document as valid Id?
A: No. The Id must be government-issued, valid and have the applicant's name clearly printed with a clear photo. Examples include a passport, Drivers' License & Drivers Permit.
Q: How do I submit my Photo-Id?
A: Immediately after submitting your online application, all applicants should email a photocopy of the Id to email@example.com.
All applicants must complete a Rental History Verification form. A returned Rental History verification must reflect the following to qualify:
- Timely Payments
- Sufficient Notice to Vacate given to previous Landlords
- No unpaid or outstanding Landlord balances
- No aggressive, offensive or harmful in nature communications or interactions with Landlord, Landlords Staff/Representatives or other Residents
- No record of illegal activities or unresolved or habitual Lease Violations
- No unauthorized pets or subtenants
- No Eviction Judgements in the last 5 years
Q: How do I provide my Rental History Verification form?
A: After an application passes all credit reporting requirements, criminal background checks & identification verifications, the Rental History Verification form will be made available for electronic signature in the application portal.
Q: What if I cannot provide Rental History?
A: In the case that you are unable to provide Rental History because you sold your home, have never rented before or for any other number of reasons, you will be required to provide a signed Letter of Explanation.
Both statistical and historical analysis has shown that an applicant’s overall credit rating directly affects the risk and likelihood of default, damages, and unpaid rent. Applicants with a lower credit score pose a significantly higher risk. Therefore, in an effort to mitigate that risk and allow applicants with less than perfect credit to still gain approval for their chosen rental, we use a Security Deposit + Risk Mitigation model in determining the required Security Deposit amount based upon the averaged credit score of all applicants applying for the home.
- 850 - 720: Security Deposit is equal to 1 months rent
- 719 - 650: Security Deposit is equal to 1.5x months rent
- 649 - 550: Security Deposit is equal to 2x months rent
- 549 - 500: Security Deposit is equal to 2.5 months rent
- 499 or lower: Security Deposit is equal to 3x months rent
Q: Is the Security Deposit negotiable?
A: No. Under no circumstances is the Security Deposit negotiable.
Q: Is a Security Deposit required?
A: Yes, every property will require a security deposit. The amount will be determined by the applicant's averaged credit score and will vary between 1-3 times the monthly rent.
The pet policy & pet fee is determined on a property by property basis. In the case that pets are allowed, a maximum of 2 pets will be permitted.
- No animals, except for those legally defined as service animals, are permitted without written permission by property management
- In the case of a service animal, it will be required to provide proof that the animal has received the proper training, certification or licensing to be designated as a service animal. With respect to support animals, it will be required to provide proof of prescription by a medical professional
- All pets must be registered with petscreening.com and must be current on all vaccinations
- All applicants are required to create a profile with petscreening.com whether a pet will be making the move with you or not
Q: Is there a fee to register my pet?
A: Yes, there is a 3rd party fee. The cost is the responsibility of the household pet owner. It is $20 for the first pet application and $15 for each additional pet application. Each household pet owner receives a pet management license to use your Pet Profile in your everyday life. For example, Pet Profiles can be shared with a pet groomer, pet walker, pet day-care, another landlord, etc. for one (1) year.
Q: Do I have to register with petscreening.com if I don't have a pet or my pet is a service animal?
A: Yes, all applicants are required to create a profile with petscreening.com. There is no charge ($0) for an assistance animal reasonable accommodation request and you receive an animal management license for one (1) year. Likewise, there is no charge ($0) for a No Pet / Animal profile.
As the Landlords insurance does not cover a Tenant for loss of the Tenant's personal property, furnishings, or belongings, it will be required that a Renters Insurance policy be obtained and maintained for casualties fire, flood, water damage, theft, and general liability claims.
Renters Insurance minimum requirements include:
- General liability for the acts and omissions of the Tenant in the minimum amount of $100,000 on a per-occurrence basis
- Shall include coverage for negligent water damaged caused to the premises by the Tenant
- Must name EVERGROW Property Management as additional insured
Q: Do I have to obtain my renter's insurance from a specific provider?
A: No. So long as the minimum requirements are met, you may obtain your renter's insurance from any reputable insurance provider.
Q: Is there a provider you recommend?
A: Yes. We have a relationship with a provider that will not require you to qualify for their insurance coverage if you meet our screening criteria.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited in ALL properties
- EVERGROW is an Equal Opportunity Housing Company and a member of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®).
- EVERGROW fully complies with Fair Housing Law. Our staff members adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or age.